Great corporate event thanks to Christine! Christine was an excellent headliner for our corporate associate appreciation event. She was fully engaged with the planning and design phases in order to ensure continuity of message and tone. Her preparation was evident, and the feedback from participants was outstanding. I am very grateful for the excellent results of our event. Our associates had a a great time and felt valued. ~ Laura Lynch, Bealls, Inc.
• To all local comics: Tonight was the first "Show & Tell Improv Class for Standup Comics" at Escape Reality, with Christine Alexander. I went, and can sum up the experience in one sentence: Just about everybody in this group can use this class. And I'm not putting that out there in a snarky way. Truly. If you've never had your material analyzed in this way, you will be AMAZED at the possibilities and opportunities you have to improve, rework and revitalize your stuff. Don't be put off by the name -- especially if improv is not your thing. It's not an improv class. It is about revisiting your jokes, your set, with the freedom from constraints and the what-the-hell attitude that improv is famous for. I did a five-minute set tonight (virtually identical to the one I did at McCurdy's on Sunday night) and afterward came away with pages of ideas for how to make bits better, funnier, more animated, sillier and -- especially important for someone who's been trying desperately to incorporate longer material -- to stretch them out by incorporating more physicality. Granted, Christine is just one person (although Escape Reality co-owner Suzan Ponte did offer some suggestions) and I don't know that I'll use 100% of her ideas. But most of what she was saying -- from rearranging the set to building upon concepts that are already there -- was pure gold. Not only did she help me frame a brand-new bit in a way so that it could eventually become a centerpiece of a set, but her notes made me excited to get back on stage and get a fresh crack at some bits I've been doing for YEARS. I'm not entirely sure when the next class will be, but do yourself a favor, and GO. ~David A.
• FST Improv - You are an amazing performer and an amazing teacher..... You are a total pro, funny as hell and amazingly enthusiastic....you sure don't "call it in". For me to be able to leave my world for 2 hours a week, is so good for me, I can't even explain it..... ~ Andre
• Center for Building Hope 2014. 2015 - Laughter is healing. We have been so fortunate having Christine Alexander offer programs at the Center for Building Hope, where all of our the participants are dealing with cancer. Christine has shared her talents, and has provoked many giggles, smiles and belly laughs! In a world where it seems as if there is nothing to laugh at, Christine is able to have people look inside and out, to find the humor that is around, and enjoy the smiles. She is able to create silliness that takes down the walls of seriousness, and becomes a useful tool in making the day better. The participants truly enjoy their time spent with Christine! ~ Andrea Feldmar, LMHC, Program Director • 9 year old's birthday party 2015 - Absolutely Hilarious! Do you want to laugh? The type of laughing that makes liquids come out of your body, the kind where your belly hurts, the kind where you are laughing so loud that nothing comes out and you clap like a seal?? Then hire Christine Alexander. She is hysterical to say the least. Over 80 people in attendance at my daughters birthday party which consisted of adults and kids. Her humor was appropriate for all ages and everyone was laughing, singing, clapping! Highly recommended!!! Oh, and one more thing - she is real. Real is her humor, real in her talent and real in her heart. She is a good person to know! ~ Karen D.
• Laughing Lunch 2014 - How do you motivate, inspire and drive home a company message to your employees all at the same time? By hiring the Lazy Fairy Improv Group of Course! The intelligent, witty, fast paced, fun, audience participation, laughter- till-your-crying-out-loud, charismatic and educational experience rolled into one hour that will keep your group talking about it for days! We didn’t want a run of the mill meeting for our 30 employees brought in from all over the country. We explored team building options, motivational speakers, and many other ways to get our point across. Then we learned about the educational side of the Lazy Fairy Improv Group and instantly new this was the way to go! With little thought and direction, Christine, Joey and Cherie read our minds! They produced a show that spoke to everyone, leaving us wanting more when it was over and the standing ovation just said it all! If laughter is truly the best medicine, then the Lazy Fairy Improv Group must be THE cure for ailing businesses! I can’t thank them enough! ~ Kimberly Bockover, Sales Manager, Savannah Preserve at University Place
• Teaching at Florida Studio Theatre 2014 - I want to thank you so much for the class last night! It was GREAT! You really did create an environment that gave me the confidence I needed to get out of my comfort zone and "stretch," and it appeared to have had the same effect on the others in the class! It was a lot of fun! ~ Jose Gonzales
• Encore Inc. 2013 - As Vice President and Program Chairman for Encore Inc., I have had the pleasure of enjoying programs by Christine Alexander on two occasions. Encore is an organization of mainly retired women and they can be a pretty tough audience. Using her warmth and witty sense of humor, Christine had these women laughing, enjoying themselves, and participating in the fun. Her improvisation of topics suggested by the audience was especially engaging. Of the many programs we experience at our monthly meetings, Christine’s is certainly a favorite and we look forward to enjoying her wonderful humor again in the future. Sincerely, Gina Anderson
• Encore, Inc. 2012 - Just a note to say how much Encore totally loved Lazy Fairy's performance at our recent luncheon. Your ability to interact with the audience, and make us laugh by using material obtained on the spot is amazingly funny and entertaining. We especially loved the last act with the interview and it's translation for the hearing impaired, it is priceless! - Thanks again to you and your team Catey Brannan and Joey Panek, it was great! Sincerely, Carol Kovilaritch & Kathy Rainey 1st Vice President/ program coordinator
• GIRLS NIGHT OUT 2013: I invited Christine to lead an improv evening for myself and a group of friends. I asked her (or rather instructed her) to 'crack them open' and she did! It was no easy task considering the mostly reluctant introverts that were assembled. Christine arrived and immediately put everyone at ease. She created a fun space and skillfully brought forth inspired performances from everyone. We laughed to the point of tears and were deeply moved by moments of connection and synchronicity among us. It was truly an unforgettable evening. And one of the most reluctant participants has decided to seek out an improv group in her own city to continue the fun. Christine is an improv master. The experience of love and laughter is guaranteed! - With love and laughter - Deanna
• Pelican Press 2011: The stand-out, raw, comic talent of that particular evening, to my mind, was Christine Alexander, whose quick-witted, goofy, committed and utterly unself-conscious performance lets it all hang out, which is what it takes to do great improv, ultimately. ~ Pelican Press
• Anytime, any day, that Christine Alexander is a true local treasure...and if you are ever lucky enough to find/buy your way in to her world and experience her talent and her gift of sharing laughter and spreading joy...then you will know that you are one lucky individual. ~ Wendi Wilkie
• Christine is a brave, talented, extremely funny performer. She does not care how zany she looks or acts as long as it elicits a laugh out of you. She always has us laughing to the point of tears. Christine brings a smile to your face as soon as you see her and is also sweet and gracious after the shows. A very gifted performer. ~ Maureen DelSignore
• You are Brilliant!!! Just watched one of your mime videos and I LOVED it. It is AMAZING. What a great way to communicate without offending the hard of hearing. I LOVED it. THANKS. I appreciate your humor. ~ Lynda Chambers
• As always, the show includes Alexander’s visual interpretations of an interview for the hearing impaired. While I thought I might get tired of the same old shtick, she keeps finding new ways to keep everyone laughing. ~ Jay Handelman
• "Thank you so much for your hard work and amazing artistic contributions to '15 Minutes.' You've gone above and beyond what I had in my mind for Huxley, and I love it. I knew you'd d great things with this role when I heard you were cast in it, and your continue to impress. Congratulations and thank you!" Jamie Tintor
Dick Smothers & Christine Alexander
MISSION: Wedding Rehearsal Dinner Crash with "Jackie Daniels"
"Christine, you were great!!!!!!! Thank you sooooo much. It’s funny, some people never did figure out exactly what was going on. I even overheard someone ask if she was just a gate crasher! You definitely made the evening." ~ Linda
• "I watched you video the other night, and it's great. You are so funny; I loved your facial expressions and gestures. I take a dance exercise class where we dance to that song, so I especially enjoyed seeing your rendition of it." ~ Patricia Charpentier, Writing Your Life
• Review of : MINI-Chef DVD: By M. Stewart (Sarasota FL) Anyone with children will appreciate the enthusiasm and sincerity of this video. Christine Alexander plays several different character roles that appeal to the entire audience. A detail for kitchen safety is used repeatedly throughout the video. Not to mention food items that are quick and easy to prepare. I would recommend this video to any parents interested in showing their children the fun and joy of cooking!
• Review of : MINI-Chef DVD:By TIMOTHY W. Walsh (Florida, United States) This is a great way to get kids into cooking, which is an incredible life skill! The production was good and Christine (the cook of many characters) was funny and entertaining. My daughters (12 and 9) ATE IT UP! Haraghhahha!
• "What I love about Christine is that she will throw herself %100 into any performance and make it fun for everyone, the audience, herself, her peers. She’s a star." ~ Zan Comedy
• Love your videos! I teach ASL and when I'm doing the classifier unit and teaching how to use facial expression and body language I use your videos as examples. Thanks for having fun and enjoying life! ~ Rebecca C.
• "I will miss you. I really felt that I learned a lot in your class. At first I was apprehensive and then I felt so encouraged by you that I allowed myself to open up. Thank you. It was great fun." ~ Faith K.
• "On Saturday night, we had great fun watching FST Improv's production of "Just Desserts"...Christine Alexander, Catey Brannan, Jeremy Lamb & Adam Ratner were all terrific. We were especially bowled over by the number with Christine "signing". That skit could be on SNL every week and be a huge audience favorite." ~ Rich & Rebecca Bergman
• “Christine Alexander is a complete joy to work with and exhilarating just to be around. Her energy is unmatched and her talent for finding and sharing humor is a thrill to behold. Though our initial collaboration has yet to see the light of day, as happens with many independent films, I have watched Christine grow over the years as a performer and producer. Beyond her ability to claim a stage as her own and turn it into a new reality to the delight of all onlookers, she has also has a wonderful sense of business savvy. She brings the same tenets of improvisation that she uses onstage to her problem solving in day to day life, making her a true force to be reckoned with and an incredibly valuable ally, associate, and employee.” ~ Steve McAllister, President, Second Thought Productions
• “Christine Alexander is a real professional - very enthusiastic, creative and energetic, while possessing buttoned-down qualities of reliability and attention to detail. I highly recommend her.” Top qualities: Personable, High Integrity, Creative ~ Steve Smith, Smith Advertising
• “AnythingArts.com filled a void that others have tried to imitate without the credibility, stature and impact of the Christine's website. To regional artists and patrons alike, AnythingArts is a must read to follow the latest events and employment opportunities.” ~ Terry Romine, President, Sarasota County Arts Council
• “Let me put it this way, Christine Alexander makes you her partner on stage. She listens acutely, responds with innovative, pertinent ideas, delivers with enthusiasm and joy AND makes you a better version of what you set out to create. I hired her to untangle the social media component of my design business and I couldn't be happier with the outcome. Hire her. And then watch her perform. Top qualities: Great Results, Personable, Creative ~ Lynne Grainger, Lynne Grainger Design
• “I would recommend Christine under any circumstances for anything. She is highly professional, creative, resourceful and inspirational in all situations we worked (and played) in professionally. Se tangibly improved the experience and results in all projects.” ~ Victoria Moore, V.P Marketing & Production, ALW Publication
• "Anyone who has to manage an entire group of creative individuals in addition to running daily business operations, has a rather challenging task ahead of them. Christine does so with enthusiasm, all while maintaining a fun, yet professional workplace dynamic. She's an all-around great person, and although it's been several years since we've worked toether, I still miss her laugh!” ~ Marc Gambardella, Digital Imaging Supervisor, Booth Studio Inc
• “I loved working with Christine. I found her sense of humor, professionalism, intelligence, organization, and creativity to be a completely refreshing change of pace from so many others who just don't seem to put anything of themselves into their work. From the moment we were introduced, I knew that Christine was one of those rare people who keeps her wits about her in any situation, who gives of herself to achieve common goals...and pulls it all off with such a panache that it seems effortless. I would be thrilled to once again work with Christine, and would think anyone who is looking for a dependable performer should seriously consider all that she has to offer. Highest recommendation. Feel free to contact me if I can be of any further assistance. Sincerely, David J. Meulemans, Singer/Actor
• “I've had the opportunity and pleasure of both working with Christine on a number of occasions and she has always exceeded all expectations. She is a fabulous multi-tasker and incredibly organized and 'on target'.” ~ Thomas Heimann, President & CEO, Bravo Real Estate Solutions, Inc.
• “Christine has great credibility, work is always on time with top-of-the-heap quality and followup. Her personality only adds to her creative style and the enviroment she creates. Her out of the box flare spills over into the community. If I were creating a Company, Christine would be on top of my hit-list. Thanks for this opportunity.” Top qualities: Great Results, Expert, Creative ~ Gordon Houser
Lazy Fairy & FST Improv Recommendations:
• "...it will be a sellout; it's absolutely one of the best, must-see scenes in Sarasota." ~ read the full story: TICKET: by MC Coolidge
• Local Theater Critic, Jay Handelman’s Review: “Lazy Fairy is active with laughs - There’s nothing lazy about the cast members of the Lazy Fairy Improv Troupe."
• “The Players Theatre is thrilled to host the “Lazy Fairy Troupe.” We have received numerous patron feedback regarding how good your guys are. I personally will not miss a performance since I think the troupe is the funniest thing I have every seen! I highly recommend other organizations and even individuals to book you for events including parties, weddings, birthdays, and even funerals! It is my pleasure to host “Lazy Fairy Improv” at The Players Theatre! ~ Michelle Bianchi Pingel, Managing Director – The Players Theatre
• “I just wanted to thank you for an extremely entertaining evening. I haven’t laughed like that in a long, long time and of course, it was especially funny for Scott, Rachel and I. We’re going Clubbing but I promised to somewhat behave. haha You’re awesome!!! Thanks again,” ~Leslie Shortt
• "You all were so fabulous. Thanks for coming over. You were the highlight of Daniel's party." ~ Susie Marro
• "If anyone out there is throwing a party or event, and wants to make it really memorable and engaging, get Lazy Fairy Improv! Take a minute to watch this video for just a taste... I've seen them several times over the last few years, and the last performance I saw proves that this crew knows something about excellence. They really have become masters of their craft. Catch a show if you don't believe me." ~ Steve McAllister
• "Describing what they do would be about as funny as dissecting Tinkerbell, so I threw some zen philosophy at you instead. Trust me: they're funny, even enlightening. …they’ve got you laughing your ass off." ~ Critic on the Run
• “Last night you peaked into my family’s traditional holiday activities and had the audience in stitches. I told you my mom insists we drink a lot of champagne and stay away from the hor’s d’ourves and a consequence we all get toasted. You took the theme and created a thoroughly memorable rendition …thanks for a great memory. PS We are thinking of hiring you for a special event. Yes, we will feed you.” ~ Victoria Roberts
• “Congrats on a great show – my husband went and said he laughed so much his face hurt!” ~ Pam Karasy
• “It was great! We’ll be back for more!” ~ Jimmy Dean
• “I laughed, I cried, I peed my pants!!!!!!!! The most fun I have had outside of my job! Love you guys…” ~ Anny Barker Schefler
• “Fantastic! Our guests are still a Buzz… Our event was a huge success and we owe it all to the amazing talent of the cast of the improv team. I would without hesitation recommend and rebook your cast.” ~ Lynn McDonald, Recipe for Happiness (2008, 2009 & 2010)
• “I saw you last week at the Recipe for Happiness and thought you guys were terrific.” ~ Autumn
• My husband and I both enjoyed the Lazy Fairy Improv performance at the Banyan event last evening. Your troupe certainly brought smiles to people’s faces. You were really great in the “alligator wrestling” skit. ~ Ann Olson, Encore President
Create your own unique website with customizable templates.